Greek chicken and spinach risotto Thermomix recipe
Risotto is probably the most popular dish within the Thermomix community and it’s not difficult to understand why.
The hardest part about making risotto is usually the constant stirring. That bit is completely taken care off by the Thermomix. It does all the hard work for you and makes absolutely stunning risottos.
This particular Greek chicken & spinach risotto Thermomix recipe didn’t disappoint and it’s now definitely in the running for my top 5 Thermomix risottos of all times.
I got the inspiration from this One pot Greek chicken risotto recipe on the Casa de Crews website.
Who says risotto can’t be Greek? Sweet onions, crumbled feta cheese, flavourful herbs, such as dill and oregano make for an amazing combination.
It’s also full of good stuff and gluten-free.
10 minutes prep and the rest of making this Greek chicken and spinach risotto Thermomix recipe is totally hands-free. If that doesn’t make for a perfect weeknight meal, I am not sure what does!
For more Thermomix risotto recipes, click here.
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 400 g arborio rice
- 120 g baby leave spinach
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 200 g feta cheese
- To serve (optional: olives, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, slices of lemon.)
- Place 1 onion, halved and 3 garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 4 tbsp olive oil and saute 3 minutes / 120C / speed 1.
- While the Thermomix is sauteing, add 2 tsp garlic powder, 1½ tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dill, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Chop 8 chicken thighs in 8 pieces. Add to the mixing bowl. Cook for 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed low.
- Add 400g arborio rice. Stir in with the chicken a spatula. Saute 3 minutes / 120C / Speed 1 – Reverse speed without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl with a spatula to loosen the rice.
- Add 120g fresh spinach, 600ml vegetable stock, 200ml dry white wine and a pinch of salt. Cook 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 1 – Reverse speed. Place simmering basket instead of measuring cup.
- Add 200g feta, crumbled and cook for a further 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 1 – Reverse speed. Place simmering basket instead of measuring cup.
- Serve topped with sliced cucumber, more feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, slices of lemon.