Sweet potato, curry, and coriander soup – Thermomix recipe
Another week, another soup… well it is still very much winter here in the UK, and a bowl full of this sweet potato, curry, and coriander soup will warm you right up.
This silky smooth, super versatile vegetarian soup is perfect for a dinner party starter, everyday dinner or warming lunch.
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder (as hot as you like it)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 40cl coconut milk
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- Add 1 onion, 4 garlic cloves, 2cm fresh ginger, and 1kg sweet potatoes, quartered into the mixing bowl and chop for 5 seconds / speed 6. Scrape down the sides. Repeat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp curry powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Saute for 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add 40cl coconut milk and 1 litre chicken stock to the mixing bowl. Cook for 15 minutes / 100ºC / Speed 1.
- Blend 1 minute / speed 5 to 10, increasing speed gradually.
Top with fresh coriander.
Delicious. Bon appetit x