Thermomix spicy pumpkin soup with cool chunky salsa
A pumpkin soup with a kick and a twist – perfect as a dinner party starter or just because it’s autumn.
It’s such an easy recipe and can be made in bulk and frozen. It’s also ideal for vegetarians.
Most pumpkin soup recipes are loaded with cream – not this one. It’s full of the good stuff!
What’s not to like?
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 27 minutes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (optional), trimmed, halved and deseeded
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and halved
- Salt & pepper
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and roughly cubed
- 400g vegetable stock
- Put one garlic clove into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 3 seconds / Speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add 1/2 bunch coriander and 1/2 jalapeno pepper into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds / Speed 5. Set aside in the simmering basket to remove any excess liquid.
- Put 4 tomatoes and 2 red peppers, halved, into the Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds / Speed 5.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, and salt to the basket and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
- Strain to get rid of any excess liquid.
- Put the finished salsa in the fridge to allow the flavours to develop.
SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
- Add 1 onion, 3cm fresh ginger and 2 garlic cloves into the mixing bowl and chop for 10 seconds / speed 6.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp chilli flakes. Saute for 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2.
- Add 400g pumpkin and chop for 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add 400g vegetable stock. Cook for around 15 minutes / 100ºC / Speed 1.
- Puree by bringing speed up slowly to speed 9 for up to 30 seconds.
Serve immediately in individual bowls, topped up with the cool salsa.
Delicious. Bon appetit x