I wasn’t going to share this Gousto recipe as it didn’t require much help from our friend Momo the Thermomix. My entire family insisted I post it as it truly was the best chicken & bacon burger ever.
The Thermomix contribution was in making our very own ranch dressing.
(If you’re not familiar with Gousto, they’re very much like HelloFresh, they’re a food box company. You pick the number of meals and number of people that suit your family and they deliver ALL the ingredients you need to cook delicious food, really quickly!
If you’ve not subscribed to Gousto, then the list of ingredients you need is below.)
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
The best chicken & bacon burger ever (as voted for by 2 adults, 3 teenagers and 2 four-year-olds!) – a Gousto recipe adapted by us.
Active time: 30 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 300g potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 4 brioche rolls
- 200g dry-cured streaky bacon
- A few salad leaves
- Sliced red onions
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice your chicken breasts in half so that you end up with 2 flat pieces of chicken from each breast.
- Place paprika, cayenne pepper (optional), salt and pepper, together with the chicken in a ziplock bag or other freezer bag. Mix together, making sure the spices are evenly spread over the chicken and leave to marinate while you crack on with the rest.
- Cut the potatoes, skin on or off as you prefer, into chips.
- Put the chips on a large baking tray with a drizzle of vegetable oil and a big pinch of salt. Mix everything up.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the chips are golden.
- In the meantime put the peeled garlic cloves and spring onions into the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 7 seconds / speed 5
- Scrape down the sides
- Add the natural yoghurt, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, a big pinch of salt & pepper and a gulp of vegetable oil. Turn on for 10 seconds / speed 3. Set aside – that is your very own ranch sauce.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in a frying pan (preferably non-stick). Once hot, cook the streaky bacon for 3 minutes on each side. Once crisp, transfer the bacon onto kitchen paper to sponge off the excess oil. Keep the pan on the hob.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, cut the brioche rolls in half, put them in the oven, face up for 5 minutes (until they are toasted).
Spread a good dollop of ranch sauce on the brioche buns, pile up the chicken, crispy bacon and a few salad leaves.
We like ours with added sliced red onions.
Serve with chips.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx