Probably my favourite things about having a Thermomix, is that it’s just so easy and quick to make things that you would usually buy. The idea of making my own crackers had not even crossed my mind – ever. I mean, why would you? Must be so difficult hey?!
But with the help of Momo the momix, making crackers is so simple, they are delicious too and you know that there are no nasties in them! Win win win.
We’ve made these with cream and onion but feel free to adapt to your own taste, experiment with whatever herbs and spices you have in the cupboard. Don’t forget to comment below with your suggestions.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade cream and onion crackers with a Thermomix
- 40g salted butter
- 150g plain flour
- 70g creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons onion granules
- 10g caster sugar
- a pinch of pepper
- Add the butter to the Thermomix bowl
- Turn on for 1 minutes, temperature 80C, speed 2
- Add 150g plain flour, 70g creme fraiche 2 tbsp onion granules, 10g caster sugar and a pinch of pepper
- Turn on for 15 seconds, speed 5
- Make a long sausage out of the dough and wrap into cling film. Leave to set in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 170C
- Cut the ‘sausage’ into slices, about 1/2cm thick
- Bake for 15 minutes at 170C
Enjoy with a dip, like our roasted red pepper and feta cheese one.
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx